Dental Braces San Jose - Treatment and Care
Dental braces are used to straighten crooked teeth and achieve proper alignment of the upper and lower jaws in order to regain the quality of smile or to correct an overbite or under bite.
Initial Discomfort of dental braces
- You may experience difficulty when speaking which may last for few days
- You may experience some pain or discomfort after placement of dental braces. Ask our dentist serving in San Jose for some pain medicines to avoid the pain from braces.
- You may experience discomfort from your dental braces rubbing your cheeks but once you get used to it it may not be such a big problem
- You can use small pieces of orthodontic wax in order to avoid rubbing action with your cheeks and this will be demonstrated in our dental office at San Jose
Good Oral hygiene
- Regular cleaning of your teeth is very important when living with dental braces and you may need to spend more time on this
- Brush your teeth at least thrice a day
- Along with brushing your teeth, it is recommended to use an interdental brush to clean the space between your dental braces and teeth and in between your teeth. Cleaning procedure will be demonstrated to you by our dentist in our dental office at San Jose.
- Fluoride mouthwash can be used after your brushing in the night.
- Inadequate brushing of your teeth can damage your tooth enamel and may lead to cavities.
Foods to avoid when living with dental braces
- Avoid sticky foods which can create problems to your dental braces, such as toffee and chewing gums.
- Limit your intake of fizzy drinks and sugary foods. Excessive consumption may lead to damage of tooth enamel.
- Avoid boiled sweets and also hard foods which can break your dental brace. Other foods or fruits like apples and crunchy bread should be sliced before eating.
- Dental braces may break during the treatment due to consumption of certain foods or sometimes by the movement of your teeth.
- If you experience any discomfort with your dental braces feel free to make a visit to our dental office at San Jose and fix your problem.
- Remember taking proper care of dental brace and teeth together will speed your treatment and give you a good result.
based on 6 Google reviews
The clear alternative to metal braces
Invisalign is a method to straighten teeth without braces,using aligner...